Choose your Narrowboat & start Location!

We have a choice of boats sleeping 2 to 12 people. Our locations are situated throughout England, Scotland and Wales.


Frequently Asked Questions


Do I need previous experience of narrow boating ?
You do not need any previous experience, or a boat licence, you will be given all the training you need to get started. The waters are mostly current free and cruising speed is only three to four miles per hour making operating a canal boat child's play.
Where can I moor ?
You can moor up wherever you want as long as it's not private or signed to say you can't and you aren't blocking locks or driveways etc. Just tie up by a towpath so you can get on and off the boat easily, or better still outside a pub!!
How much headroom is in a narrow boat ?
There is usually 6ft 4 in. Please note that heights can vary, so to be sure send us an email with the boat you are looking at and we will check for you.
Do you operate day hire ?
Sorry, but we do not operate day hire as our boats are equipped with sleeping accommodation. Our minimum rental period is 3 nights, but you can bing the boat back earlier if you wish.
What time to we arrive and depart.
Arrival times for the boats vary, so please see the times on the booking form when booking.
What happens if I have a problem whilst on board ?
Our dedicated narrowboat hire team are on hand twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies. Your safety and enjoyment are our paramount concern.
Is there a car park on site?
Free car parking is available at all locations.
Are there shops en route?
Part of the canal boat experience is stopping off and visiting the villages and towns along the way, so you can stock up with groceries as you go along, although all our marinas are close to towns where there is a supermarket if you want to get the basics before you set off. There are lots of pubs and some cafes along the Canals, some have their own moorings, and some are just a short stroll away.
Can I fish on the canal?
Fishing is allowed on the canals at any time of year, but a Rod Licence is required – you can get a 1 day, 8 day, or annual licence from the post office, or Online at the Environment website: Please read the license to see what you can do and what you can't.